Monday 3 April 2017

Blessing For You! Diaper bag NOT! (Review)

Yup. I know you must be feeling surprised.

"Why is Esther still using bags from the famous diaper bag from Korea?"
"Nathan and Phoebe are already too old for all the milk bottles and food jars?"
"Why do you still need the insulated compartments?"

EXACTLY. I DO NOT NEED THOSE!

What many people do not know about the Korean brand BlessingForYou is that they don't just have diaper bags!

Psst... I used to own a BFY polka dot backpack when I gave birth to Phoebe. During the end of my maternity leave, our family decided to go Hong Kong for a short holiday. It was the BEST decision to abandon the shoulder sling maternity bag for a good backpack. My hands were free to carry the kids, to clean them up and even take photos, not having to worry about the bag falling off my shoulder! AND all the compartments were helpful in organising our things and it was really convenient. 

I received these bags last Friday, from thelittleonesinmylife (tlo.com.sg) who is the sole distributor of BlessingForYou bags in Singapore. I saw the prints and felt the texture of the bag and I knew it must be from BlessingForYou.

What I did not expect was I have received three bags and they are ALL NOT DIAPER BAGS!

 

(1) Shoulder sling bag *New Design*

Man.. I felt so privileged because this bag is not up on the Korean website yet and TLO has already brought them into Singapore for launch during the baby fair this weekend. AND I am one of the first few to own this. lalalalalalala...

 

 

I love love love this bag. 

 

What surprised me about this bag are:
(i) It is super light weight but yet the material is thick. 
I am someone who needs to drink quite a bit and with a big bottle of water in your bag (especially sling bags), it can be quite strenuous on the shoulder. This bag can take the weight of my bottle of water and yet it was not too heavy. The thick material feels hardy and strong enough to withstand wear and tear too!

(ii) Water proof material
It was raining at the later part of our visit to gardens by the bay that day. The contents inside the bag was dry and I witness the water droplets just sliding off the exterior of the bag. For whatever remaining, all I did was wipe them off with tissue and it was all dry and ready for use!


(iii) The short handles 
I like that I can wear my bag in different style and based on needs of the moment. Do you know how useful it is when you can hook your wrist on one short handle to grab your items in the bag? You got to try this action to appreciate the handles!


(iv) Details
Other than the 360 degrees free turning hook for the shoulder strap (means it will never be entangled), your zipper track will NEVER fray! It is literally a metal piece securing the end!


(2) Hessed Mommy Sling Pouch

Just the name alone is so beautiful because it sounds like the Hebrew word "Hesed"!

Do you know "Hesed" is the Hebrew word for lovingkindness? That just totally encapsulates what motherhood is about. :) (Fine, I like to link everything to lovey dovey things!)

 

 

When I saw this thin strap sling pouch, it reminds me a lot of the j*j*b* sling that I have. Difference is the material is a lot thicker, water-proof, more securing stitches and additional compartment on the outside. AND very importantly, half the retail price.

I like it also that it is tastefully designed and fashionable, despite having little doggies all over. 

 

The holding capacity is actually quite good. These are the things that went in!

 
(Big wallet, wet wipes, tissue pack, pouch with keys/lippie/medicine, Ribena sweets and my phone!)

Another use for this bag is to be my lunch hour bag! I really do not like holding a wallet, staff pass, tissue and handphone in my hand when I go for lunch with colleagues. So having this bag in my office is so useful!

 
(Here's me being challenged to take a quick shot in the middle of the road)

(3) Mono Backpack

 
You won't believe who this is for.
NATHAN FOONG!~

 

Nathan has a stuffed toy doggie that he hugs to sleep every night. And one of the doggie prints on the bag looks exactly like his doggie!

 

As mentioned earlier, this material for Blessing For You bags is lightweight, thick and water proof. It is not just suitable for diaper bags that hold one million things that the baby and mama need but also suitable as a school bag!

 

There are quite a number of compartments both inside and outside which is definitely helpful for young children to organise their things better.

What I like most is the soft air mesh material backing. Back will not feel warm with the air flow in between. The shoulder strap has a generous cushioned portion but lined with a slightly stiff fabric to prevent the straps from slipping off the shoulder.

 

The bag fits A4 size files and books comfortably too!

Awww... why my son so cute? WAIT. You need to stop growing up so fast!

 

In case you are wondering if there is only this one print, there are so many more! TLO.com.sg has shown me many more prints and I guarantee you that there is definitely one that you will like.

OK. NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS POST.

DISCOUNT! 😍

These bags (including the very useful diaper bags) will be launched during the Baby Fair @ EXPO from 7th to 9th April! There will be a 20% discount if you purchase on site from TLO.com.sg Booth A03!

Here are the prices BEFORE the discount
(1) Shoulder sling bag $50
(2) Hessed Mommy Sling Pouch $35
(3) Mono bag pack $105

Register your interest to attend the event on TLO.com.sg 's event page now~! TLO.com.sg BABY MARKET

If you are unable to go for the event, do not fret! You can also get it on TLO.com.sg BUT the bags will only be released in limited quantities every fortnightly.

I love my BlessingForYou bags!

 












1 comment:

  1. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself..
    leather handbags on sale

    ReplyDelete